Bistro in the Buttes, pt. II

I promised to post a picture of the final framed series, and then I forgot to take any. I don’t know how to explain that, except that I am still remembering to document my work and grabbing the camera is not my first instinct. The final work is gone now, waiting to be picked up for a song at a charity auction. Yay!setting the prints

John cut all the windows in the mat for me, and then we had to set them in place. The papers the prints are on are a variety of sizes because this whole series was sort of a lark: I started illustrating this game a few years ago and then decided I didn’t know how to finish it, so they sat for a very long time. When I got my studio this past winter, I decided to print what I had, and I printed them on the left-over edges I had kept from printing the Truck series. And I’m really bad, in general, about determining that I am printing squarely on the page: there’s a lot to keep track of, and sometimes, an element will get forgotten. In this picture, we are determining the layout of the pages and holding them in place with paper weights.

stretch

The prints are held in place with archival quality linen tape.
matted

We went with black matting because there were so many different shades of white, and John hadn’t taken a sample to match against.
from the front

Head-on view of the matted series of prints.

I meant to end with a picture of the framed series, but I am afraid that this is as close as we are going to get.

Leave a Reply